"Legacy"

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Newark, NY

Tuesday, Sept. 11

This morning was brisk. We awoke to 46 degrees but it was another beautiful day, sunny and 78.
Today we went through four locks and we have our system down for going through. While
traveling through the Rochester area we went under lots of bridges and along the freeway for
portions of the canal. The stretch between Pittsford and Fairport had a lot of nice homes and
landscaping. Both towns were fixed up nicely and they take great pride in them. We stopped
to walk around Fairport and ate lunch while there. I was able to find a plunger at Dollar Tree
to clear my sink drain so I'm a happy camper. Carol and I are able to each have our own bathroom
on board which is nice.
While traveling today we saw lots of blue herons, green herons, kingfishers, mallards, geese,
and an osprey. We are staying at Newark and we are quickly getting spoiled by these nice
facilities along the way. Here there are beautiful bathrooms, free laundry, wifi, and air
conditioning in the dockmaster office. Plus a good ice cream shop real close.

I haven't yet figured out how to put pictures in my blogs but I hope to in the future.

44 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment